This is by far the quickest and easiest recipe I’ve ever come up with! 4 ingredients make these beautiful Oreo bites, which I’ve turned into mini Christmas puddings for the festive season!
No baking, no ovens, and only a tinnny bit of washing up! These are the perfect last-minute Christmas favours for friends and family 🙂
The bites consist of a buttercream-Oreo filling, coated in milk chocolate and finished with a spoonful of white chocolate, mmm!!
- 1 x 12 pack of Oreos
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 250g milk chocolate
- 200g white chocolate
- decorations – I got my festive decorations from Waitrose
- Start by twisting open the Oreos, and scraping the white filling out with a knife. Place the filling in a bowl and set to one side.
- Place the Oreos in a sandwich bag and roll/ bash with a rolling-pin, or any other heavy utensil! Crush into fine pieces – not quite powder but smaller than rubble pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter and sifted icing sugar, until you obtain a smooth buttercream. Add the white filling from the Oreos and beat again.
- Place the crushed Oreos in with the buttercream and mix together until you form a stiff/ thick mixture – the mix should be thick enough to hold itself when rolled into balls – (you may have to add more oreos/ buttercream until you get the right consistency, but these ratios worked for me 🙂 )
- Roll the Oreo mix into balls, slightly smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Place onto a tray with greaseproof paper and pop into the oven to firm for at least an hour.
- Just before you are ready to finish the Oreo bites, melt the two types of chocolate separately in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Drop each Oreo ball into the melted milk chocolate, and enrobe fully. Retrieve the balls using a fork, and place back onto the greaseproof paper – its a good idea to scrape off any excess chocolate before placing the balls on the greaseproof paper so they look nice and presentable.
- Place into the fridge for 10 mins to firm up
- Using a teaspoon, place a blob of white chocolate on top of each coated Oreo ball.
- Finally decorate with sprinkles/ glitter 🙂
Enjoy and please comment below if you have any questions,
and MERRY CHRISTMAS ❤ Sofia xxx