Wowie, this may just be the perfect cookie. Thick, soft, doughy cookies studded with milk and white chocolate and topped with a molten caramel freddo frog.
If you’re a cookie dough lover like me then you NEED to give these a go. Feel free to fill and top with chocolate of your choice too.
I hope you love this recipe as much as me. Don’t forget to tag me in your creations on instagram @sofiabakes xxxx
- 230g cold salted butter
- 220g light brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g bread (strong) white flour
- 190g plain/ all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 150g milk chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 6-8 caramel freddo frogs
METHOD: – makes 6-8 big cookies
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees celcius, and line two baking trays with baking parchment or silicone mats.
- Using a free-standing mixer or electric whisk (or wooden spoon if you fancy a workout), cream together your cold butter with both sugars until creamy and smooth – roughly 2-5minutes.
- Add in your eggs one at a time, beating well in between. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Stir in your dry ingredients (2 types of flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt).
- Mix until the flour has juuuust combined to make a dough.
- Pour in your chocolate chips and gently fold to incorporate.
- Divide your dough into 6 to 8 cookies depending on how thick you like them.
- Roll into large balls and place on your prepared trays.
- Slightly pat down your down very gently, just enough so the cookies have a flat top.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove from the oven and place your caramel freddos carefully on top of each cookie.
- Return to the oven to cook for a further 2 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool slightly before eating to allow the cookies to firm up and develop a nice chew.
ENJOY ❤ Lots of love xxxx
These are so adorable! They sound delicious too!
Made these at the weekend for our boys and now making some more. Love them.
LikeLiked by 1 person