These cookies are so simple and is an ideal base for any of your favourite sweets or chocolate! I love using M&M’s for a nutty taste and a burst of colour!
This recipe is so easy and quick! It comes from one of my favourite blogs – Pinch of Yum! I have adjusted the recipe to grams rather than cups below, but if you prefer using the cup system then head over to http://pinchofyum.com/big-soft-mm-cookies 🙂
Happy Baking!! ❤
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g light brown or Muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 170g of bread/ strong white flour (with a higher gluten content to give the cookies an amazing chewy texture!) – don’t worry if you only have plain flour though!
- pinch of salt
- 1 bag of M&M’s
- Start by turning on your oven to 180 degrees celsius, also line a baking tray with baking parchment or greaseproof paper
- Place your softened butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, and mix well until uniform
- Sift in your strong/bread flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until a smooth dough is formed
- Add 2-3 more tbsp. of flour to the cookie dough until it becomes thicker and dry to the touch – this means cookie dough shouldn’t stick to your fingers (unfortunately 😦 )
- Roll the dough into equal-sized balls, as small or big as you’d like! I roll mine fairly big 🙂
- OPTIONAL: I didn’t add crushed M&M pieces to the actual dough of my cookies (because I wanted them to look beautiful for photos!) but placing a handful of crushed M&M pieces into your dough gives a lovely crunchy texture and an enhanced flavour!
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand, and place 4-5 M&M’s ontop of the cookies
- Bake for 8-10 mins until slightly golden brown on the edges, don’t worry they shouldn’t be firm when you take them out they oven!
- EAT ❤
Love, SOFIA xxxxxxx