These cookies are just egg-rything you want them to be. Chewy, soft & covered in little pastel pink chocolate mini eggs.
Mini Eggs are one of my FAVOURITE Easter chocolate (as well as Creme Eggs, Malteaser Bunnies, Smarties Eggs etc etc – hmmm.. I don’t really have a favourite, I JUST LOVE THEM ALL). What I do know however is that Easter is one of my favourite times of year. Beautiful yellow daffodils are blooming, days are getting longer and sunnier, and supermarket shelves are stacked high with chocolates shaped as cute little bunnies.
This recipe is SUPER easy, quick and tasty.
I hope you enjoy baking these Easter cookies as much as I did, and please comment below with any questions you have 🙂 HAPPY EASTER! XOXOOX
Ingredients: – Makes 12 cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g light brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g Mini eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- With a wooden spoon, cream together the softened butter with both types of sugar, until pale and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla, and beat until consistent.
- Sift in your salt and flour, and stir together gently until you have an even cookie dough – you may need to dive in with your hands.
- Roll the dough into small balls, roughly the size of a conker or a ping pong ball.
- Place the balls on your baking trays spread evenly apart.
- Flatten the tops slightly and place 2 or 3 mini eggs in the middle of each ball.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until they turn slightly golden, but still are soft to the touch.
- Leave to cool on a baking rack (if you can) and ENJOY.
Lots of Love, Sofia xxx