It was only a matter of time until the mighty nutella was to be combined with the equally as mouth-watering biscoff spread to make just THE most decadent cupcake you’ll ever lay your eyes on! ❤
This recipe makes 6-8 (large) delicious cupcakes, oozing with nutella, to satisfy all your choccie biscuit cravings.
You’ll never make a vanilla cupcake again!
I hope you enjoy the recipe – please comment below if you have any questions 🙂
- 125g plain flour
- 45g cocoa powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g muscovado sugar (or any light brown sugar)
- 85g butter, room temp
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg (free-range)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g natural yogurt
Filling & Buttercream:
- 1 small jar of nutella
- 1 small jar of biscoff
- 1 packet of biscoff biscuits
- 180g butter, room temperature
- 120g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line a muffin tin with 6-8 muffin cases & pre-heat your oven to 160°C.
- Cream together your softened butter with the sugars until light and fluffy (3-5mins).
- Add in your egg and beat until fully combined.
- Add in your yogurt and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb of soda and salt into the egg mixture, and fold gently until just incorporated.
- Finally add in 2tbsp of water and stir gently to loosen the cake mix.
- Dollop into your muffin cases until 3/4 full.
- Place into the oven and bake for 22-30 mins, checking regularly until they spring back to the touch, or a skewer inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- To make your buttercream, beat together your soft butter with the sifted icing sugar until silky and smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add 3 heaped tbsp of biscoff into the buttercream, and mix well. You should have a smooth, thick buttercream with a pipeable consistency – if the buttercream is too thick add 1tbsp of milk to the mix at a time, and stir until you have a spreadable yet firm buttercream. Feel free to add more biscoff if you prefer a stronger taste.
- Once your cakes have cooled, hollow out a circle in the center of the cupcakes using a small knife, until you reach the middle of the sponge.
- Fill the hollowed cupcakes with 1-2tsp of Nutella in each cake. Place the cut sponge back onto the top of the Nutella filling, pressing down.
- Place your biscoff buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle, and pipe a blob of buttercream into the center of each cupcake.
- Decorate with a drizzle of biscoff or Nutella (it may be easiest to heat these up gently in a microwave to make them pourable), and finally place 1/2 a biscoff biscuit on top of each cupcake to finish.
Lots of love, Sofia xxxx