These cookies combine my 2 favourite things – fudge and chocolate chunks! I am a big fan of soft and chewy cookies, that are bursting full of filling, just like these ones!
For me, these really are the perfect cookie (aside from Ben’s cookies of course). The secret is the Muscovado sugar. It brings a caramel-like flavour to the cookies which emphasises the creamy fudge chunks. It also gives the cookies that soft chewy texture, and makes them wrinkly on top!
I use the basic cookie recipe from All recipes UK, which I have tweaked a little bit 🙂
Ingredients: This recipe makes 2 trays worth of cookies
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g Muscovado soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 egg yolk, free range
- 200g bar of Dairy milk (or any milk chocolate)
- Handful of fudge sweets
- Start by greasing and lining two baking trays with parchment paper. Pre heat your oven to 170°C, and get all of your ingredients on your work surface.
- Beat together your melted butter, caster sugar and muscovado sugar until thick and uniform.
- Next, beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract until creamy and light.
- Sift in your flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and mix the cookie dough until it starts to clump together – now its time to use your hands and really mix the dough until its smooth and even!
- Chop up your chocolate and fudge pieces into small chunks, and add to the cookie dough.
- Mix again with your hands to ensure an even dispersal of the fillings (because who would want a chocolateless cookie?!)
- Roll your cookie dough into balls – roughly using a tablespoons worth of dough at a time.
- Pop the balls onto your baking trays and flatten ever so slightly. Make sure the cookies are placed far enough apart as they have a tendency to spread more than expected! 🙂
- Place in the oven for 15-17mins, until lightly golden brown in colour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely until touching them!
Love, Sofia xxx