Here it is… my cupcake flavour for the month for November is….. COOKIE DOUGH! ❤ ❤ ❤
I loooove everything about cookie dough, it was only a matter of time that I was going to try and incorporate it into every bake possible!
This cupcake consists of a beautiful fluffy vanilla sponge, studded with chocolate chips, topped with a silky vanilla buttercream and a ball of homemade cookie dough… did someone say YUM?!
These cupcakes are so simple and quick to make! I definitely recommend giving this one a go 🙂 This recipe makes 6-8 large cupcakes, so I would suggest doubling it up because they’ll be gone before you can say the words cookie dough.
- 120g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g butter, softened
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet/ 100g chocolate chips
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3-4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Pre heat your oven to 170°C, and line a standard muffin tin tray with cupcake cases
- Add the 120g flour, 140g sugar, baking powder, salt and 40g butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat together butter and dry ingredients until you get a mixture that is grainy and looks a like sand
- Add half of your milk to the mixing bowl slowly, and gently stir until the milk is incorporated.
- Beat together the reaming milk, egg and vanilla extract in a separate bowl with a fork until uniform.
- Add this mixture to the sandy mix and beat well until smooth and silky. Finally, add 3/4 of the packet of chocolate chips into the mix, and stir well.
- Fill the cupcake cases roughly 2/3 full. Place the cupcake tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins – until the cakes are lightly golden brown and spring to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, sift half of the icing sugar into a mixing bowl with the 140g of softened butter. Beat until smooth. Sift the remaining icing sugar into the bowl with 2tbsp of milk and the vanilla extract. Stir vigorously until silky and smooth. Add 2-3 more tbsp of milk if required – the buttercream should pliable and smooth, yet able to hold its shape when piped.
- Next, make the cookie dough. Beat together the 2tbsp of butter with 1tbsp of sugar, until pale and fluffy. Beat in the flour and half of the remaining chocolate chips until you form a cookie dough.
- Place your buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a nozzle of your choice. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Finally, roll the cookie dough into small balls. Place them on top of the buttercream to decorate, along with the remaining chocolate chips.
Love, Sofia xxx
- Notes: As always, the vanilla cupcake recipe I use is from the Hummingbird Bakery book 🙂