A Pavlova is one of the most effortless and beautiful desserts I can think of, and so perfectly fitting for summer. If you have never tried a pavlova, just picture this – mounds of fluffy cloud-like meringue, baked until mallow and chewy, and topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit ❤
These Pavlova’s are embarrassingly quick and easy to make – they only require one bowl, a whisk (electric for minimum effort) and an hour and a half in the oven, simple! I absolutely love the crisp, yet squishy mouthfeel of these meringues! They are a perfect alternative to shop bought meringue nests (which I find can be overly dry, and lacking in flavour).
I chose to top my Pavlova’s with a passionfruit whipped cream, and fresh berries. I love passionfruit, it brings a needed acidity to these pavlova’s, and works so well with the sweet berries.
However, feel free to top your Pavlova’s with your favourite fruits and combinations.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to post any queries in the comment section ❤ Sofia xxxx
Makes 8 large mini pavlova’s:
- 6 large egg whites
- 275g caster sugar
- 2 tsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 passion fruit
- 380ml double cream
- fresh berries
- Start by separating your eggs. Place the 6 egg whites into a large, clean bowl/ electric mixer.
- Pre heat your oven to 120 degrees C.
- With an electric whisk/ free standing mixer, whisk your egg whites until a soft peak stage has been reached – this is after the egg white have become foamy, but before they start to leave trails in the bowl.
- At this stage, incorporate the sugar 1 tbsp. at a time, whisking for 10-20 seconds in between each batch to ensure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Once all the sugar has been incorporated, add in the cornflour, white vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk again for 20 seconds to incorporate the last ingredients.
- With a big spoon, dollop a large spoonful of meringue onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment or a silicon mat – like big quenelles.
- Continue to make big meringues until you run out of mixture.
- With the back of a spoon, slightly flatten the top edge of the meringues, to allow the filling to sit on top.
- Place into your pre-heated oven for 1 + 1/2 hours – until the meringues are dry when touched.
- Leave the oven door slightly open, and allow the pavlova’s to cool inside the oven. This develops the beautiful mallow texture!
- Just before you’re ready to serve your meringues, whisk the double cream until soft.
- Spoon the whipped cream onto the tops of the meringues. Place a small amount of passionfruit on each blob of cream, and slightly fold the passionfruit into the cream, to make a beautiful marbled effect.
- Top with fresh berries and ta dah!