[cue Bob Marley] Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, make you want to (pause)… EAT. To the rescue, here I am. Want you to know, you all, these vegan cookie ice cream sandwiches are just grand.
I may be no lyrical genius, and it may be confirmed by my (supportive) friends (lol) that I have an atrociously tone-deaf singing voice. HOWEVER, it is important to note that these vegan cookie/ ice cream sandwiches are truly fabulous, and just ideal for the current heatwave that is beaming down on Britain, and also much of Europe.
You can also just go ahead and make these cookies to be devoured solely on their own.
These cookies verge towards a more cakey dough. The cookies themselves are extremely light, and soft, with a slight chew. But are not as traditionally chewy or crispy as a typical cookie. That’s what makes them work so nicely as an ice-cream sandwich.
And if you’re now contemplating proceeding with the remainder of my blog post because you only like super crisp chewy cookies, PLEASE STAY. Because they just are ridiculously more-ish and coated in a sprinkle crust, so who’s complaining?
Ingredients: (makes approx. 15 cookies)
I’ve kept quantities in cups for speed/ because you can make this recipe in one bowl! Comment below if you would like the weight conversion x
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup light brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan milk – I used soya but you can use almond/ oat etc.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub of vegan ice cream of your choice. I tried with Alpro & Soya Dream Salted Caramel and both were amazzzing.
- Start by lining 2 baking trays with parchment paper, and pre-heating your oven to 180°C.
- Mix together your vegetable oil and sugars in a large bowl, until a consistent mixture is formed.
- Stir in the vanilla and soy milk.
- Sift your plain flour & baking powder, and mix together until an even cookie dough is formed.
- Using a tablespoon or 1/3 cup scoop, evenly distribute your cookie dough across your baking trays, leaving enough room in between for them to spread slightly.
- Scatter sprinkles all over the top of the cookies to form a colourful crust.
- Place in the oven to bake for approx. 15 minutes, until they are golden in colour and slightly firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, scoop your favourite ice cream onto the underside of a sprinkle cookie, and sandwich another one on top.
- Viola, it’s as easy as that!
ENJOY. Comment below if you have any questions 🙂
Lots of Love, Sofia xxx